Wednesday, December 4, 2013

An Introduction

At an early age, my traditional, Italian grandfather called me over to his house and together we watched Francis Ford Coppola's "The Godfather." As a young boy, the themes of the movie resonated with me: violence, redemption, and family values. Immediately, I fell in love. Further visits to my grandfather's house indulged my new found passion for cinema. Other films early in my viewing career would include "Saving Private Ryan" and "The Hustler." Ten years later, I find myself in Film History and Appreciation not because I am an RTF major (Mathematics, if you were wondering) but because I am a fan of film.

In the following posts, I will discuss four films that we have viewed in the class: The General, Metropolis, It Happened One Night, and Citizen Kane and explain how they came to be considered classics in cinema.

No comments:

Post a Comment